A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 1 user online
- 34 users / day
- 56 users / week
- 103 users / month
- 272 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 613 Posts
- 1.94K Comments
It’s actually fairly concerning. I trust encryption but it is still always wiser to practice defense in depth. I’d rather not hand out the cyphertext of my messages to anyone who wants to do sidechannel analysis, encryption implementation failures or even just archiving my messages to crack in 50 years when quantum computers become popular.