A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 1 user online
- 11 users / day
- 97 users / week
- 172 users / month
- 338 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 639 Posts
- 2.06K Comments
I use both.
It might be overkill, but i hate the thought of being profiled and assaulted with ads. It’s disgusting what the Internet has become.
Fun fact, my mobile provider introduced a live ads program so every time I go the mall I get SMS messages with promotions from some of the closest shops.
This shitty behaviour cannot be stopped neither by Tor and VPN…
I don’t understand, what kind of ad do you get that needs VPN+Tor?
I don’t remember to have seen any ad on the past months… unless I disable the ad-blocker. And smartphones also have Firefox app which includes ad-blocker add-on to install.
Wow that’s digusting. Can’t you opt out?
Yes, I have to send them a request by email, and they have 30 working days to respond. But this doesn’t mean I won’t be tracked wherever I go, I just won’t receive SMS messages anymore.