A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 1 user online
- 24 users / day
- 41 users / week
- 88 users / month
- 259 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 610 Posts
- 1.9K Comments
Thanks for the info! I am using Windows, but I downloaded the extension and tor zip for advanced Windows on their site. Created a torrc file and set it to the localhost:9050 and created a “tor” container. And just tested it with the check.torproject.org site (both with a normal tab and a “tor” container tab) with success! Good to know random things that might be very worth knowing.