A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 1 user online
- 29 users / day
- 105 users / week
- 186 users / month
- 352 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 642 Posts
- 2.07K Comments
Signal alternative to SMS? What has Signal to do with SimpleX?
It was an earlier post where simplex was a recommended solution. I tried it and wanted to reply to that with this picture, but I couldn’t so I posted with a similar title.
People were recommending SimpleX as an alternative messenger that’s encrypted-by-default, but falls back to SMS when the other person doesn’t have it
It is a natural selection.
what? simplex does not falls back to sms.
First time I hear about it as well. As far as I know Simplex doesn’t use phone numbers (or any identifiers for that matter). It can be alternative for signal but it will not help if you need SMS app.
SimpleX do not use shit communication tool like sms. Why should it must use them since it is born to replace them?
@bkrl @kendbi because older people would use it instead of private messages on another app that they do not know how to use and configure. If you want to keep your privacy, you need that all of the people that contact you, do it through a secure app and channel.
With signal using the SMS and calls that would work for older people to just use one app to do it all.