A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 1 user online
- 9 users / day
- 68 users / week
- 110 users / month
- 280 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 613 Posts
- 1.95K Comments
@bkrl @kendbi because older people would use it instead of private messages on another app that they do not know how to use and configure. If you want to keep your privacy, you need that all of the people that contact you, do it through a secure app and channel.
With signal using the SMS and calls that would work for older people to just use one app to do it all.