A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 8 users / week
- 64 users / month
- 242 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 603 Posts
- 1.81K Comments
Glad chomp/silence has worked out for you. Btw…SimpleXChat is different by protecting your social graph and not needing to share your private profile ID to contacts (via one time use invite codes). Can also be used on iOS/Android and hoping one day a desktop app GUI (not just a console app). Also has audio, video, file transfers, and groups. If really into privacy, you can host your own server and/or use Tor. https://github.com/simplex-chat/simplex-chat#roadmap
What has really impressed me is how they are solving some of the industry problems (decentralization, privacy, metadata, etc); it’s not just another communication platform, it’s different.
@Lynda I agree. My only issue with simpleX was the battery drain problem. I will give it a try in the end of the year.
I did not use it that much because I just installed it and ran it… Sent the invitation to one of my contacts, he installed it and then we never could get in touch and he was not on my simplex contacts…
After he installs do I need to send a diferent code every time we need to talk?
deleted by creator