A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 9 users / week
- 65 users / month
- 242 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 604 Posts
- 1.81K Comments
Thanks for sharing, also @XpeeN@sopuli.xyz
Good reason to demand free software Wi-Fi firmware.
The problem isn’t with the private routers. Cities can spread “free Wi-Fi” all over the place just as an excuse…
I couldn’t really get it from the link, but IMO It depends how well it can distinguish human characteristics. If one can roughly illustrate a person based on that info, it’s REALLY bad news. If you only get boolean result from it about something being at an area, it’s not as bad.
Edit: nvm, we are fucked