A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 1 user online
- 34 users / day
- 56 users / week
- 103 users / month
- 272 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 613 Posts
- 1.94K Comments
Something I never understood about using gogole for schools is that you have to have a constant internet connection which many in rural (and even urban) USA don’t have. Why not just make it downloadable instead?
Makes sense. Google isn’t a trustworthy company.
Good. In the meantime my GP asked me to send my medical data to theirs @gmail.com address… long way to go.
sadly, for most people email = gmail. you use a different domain and they look at you in a weird way.