London Fire Brigade, which has been calling for a ban on disposable barbecues, said it was "good news" and wants to work with retailers to "reduce the risk of dangerous grass fires".
maxmoon
link
fedilink
21M

People like this don’t give a dime about the environment, they would even eat meat every day.

Oh… wait a minute…

Good riddance, I hate disposable barbecues. You want to have a barbecue wherever you travel? Get a portable grill instead, not this piece of soon-to-be garbage.

I’ve never even heard of a disposable barbecue, was this item commonplace??

Still is in my country. You can get them at almost any store or at any gas station. It’s nuts.

I think they’re terrible for the environment too, but I don’t remember why.

Oh, for sure. Most of is made of aluminum which, if not recycled, apparently takes 200-500 years to decompose.

I couldn’t find a specific reason online, so I probably misremember. It’s just the throw away nature of the thing then.

They’re terrible for the grass that they’re used on, it burns the stuff beneath it.

Yeah, I can imagine. Some of the ones I’ve seen came with a small stand to get around this problem, which was really just a bent wire, but I guess this solution isn’t exactly commonplace. Not that it matters, disposable barbecues are a flawed concept to begin with and they should just go away.

Green - An environmentalist community
!green@lemmy.ml

This is the place to discuss environmentalism, preservation, direct action and anything related to it!

RULES:

1- Remember the human

2- Link posts should come from a reputable source

3- All opinions are allowed but discussion must be in good faith

Related communities:

Chat rooms:

• 0 users online
    • 3 users / day
    • 8 users / week
    • 37 users / month
    • 158 users / 6 months
    • 18 subscribers