A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 5 users / week
- 30 users / month
- 253 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 560 Posts
- 1.57K Comments
I don’t know much about Elon Musk. But he strikes me as someone who would want to extract as much value as possible from data, and not as someone who thinks user privacy is something important to protect. Is this a topic that he has publicly spoken about?
deleted by creator
But if he doesn’t even try to lie about this, the situation is extra hopeless.
Let us take a short guess what other tech companies that might be…
FB/insta/whatsapp, Reddit, google, snapchat… who else ?
I would add to that list Amazon, Microsoft and Apple.