An artificial general intelligence computer with the same performance as a human expert on everything and can work 24/7. What would you ask it to do?

_NoName_
link
fedilink
33M

It’d be my personal assistant. I’d ask it to do in-depth analysis of claims I run across as well as doing logic analysis on those claims. I would certainly hope it doesn’t have emotions, 'cuz doing 24/7 political investigation would not be good for anything, mentally.

Salamander
link
fedilink
23M

I am thinking about those explanatory videos where they ask you to pause the video and try to find the answer yourself before continuing. I always pause and try - it is fun. But sometimes after several unsuccessful attempts I get frustrated and I just skip to the answer so that I can move on. It would be great to have this option with other things in life… I enjoy the process of learning via trial and error, but having an AGI next to me so that I can cheat a little bit from time to time would be great.

Kromonos
link
fedilink
23M

What’s an AGI?
Sorry for my stupid question, but I read it the first time now.

@OptimusPrime@lemmy.ml
creator
link
fedilink
edit-2
3M

artificial general intelligence. Like a program that can do anything that a human can do on a computer.

Kromonos
link
fedilink
23M

ahh. Thanks for clarifying. I only know this as AI.

Cold Hotman
link
fedilink
23M

An AI is anything these days, not necessarily in a form we’d recognise as humans.

I’d have it work on figuring out how to translate me to a better substrate. :)

A loosely moderated place to ask open ended questions

If your post is

1. Open ended
  2. Not offensive
  3. Not regarding lemmy support (c/lemmy_support)
  4. not ad nauseam inducing (please make sure its a question that would be new to most members)

it’s welcome here!

• 0 users online
  • 5 users / day
  • 54 users / week
  • 141 users / month
  • 484 users / 6 months
  • 19 subscribers
  • 530 Posts
  • 4.38K Comments
  • Modlog