A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 4 users / week
- 33 users / month
- 254 users / 6 months
- 8 subscribers
- 562 Posts
- 1.57K Comments
Ah yes, mr anglo is always a credible source on this matter
calling all tankies!
Not that i disagree the situation over there is hellish, but if you’ve ever been to London for example you would know Xinjiang is far from the only mass surveillance hell on earth.
I’m surprised you haven’t been downvoted to hell
Mass surveillance never results in good outcomes for the population no matter whom participates. We all need to work together to push the banning of mass surveillance into the public zeitgeist.
I would go further and say that the concept we know as police never results in good outcomes for the population no matter who participates. Whether the surveillance/control they apply is “mass” or “targeted” is in my view not very relevant :)